The Wonders Of Fisherman Soup



Fisherman Soup (SeaFood Okra)




The Fisherman soup also referred to as Seafood Okra, is one of the most highly relished delicacies in Nigeria.

This soup is very popular amongst the riverine states of Nigeria such as Portharcourt, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and Bayelsa. Fisherman soup is often eaten with pounded yam, or garri and can be quite heavy after you’ve had a meal.

This soup mainly consists of a combination of assorted seafood such as fish, periwinkle, prawns, etc. Seafood is known to have high nutritional contents such as proteins and Omega-3.

Eating A Plate Of Fisherman Soup

I have heard so much about how delicious this dish is and decided to give it a try after salivating over pictures I’ve seen on a restaurant's Instagram page. I love food even though I don’t eat too much, I just like the joy and excitement it brings.

On a cool weekend, I got dressed and visited a nice restaurant in Lekki, Lagos Nigeria. I had seen pictures of the soup they put out on Instagram and it looked great so I got their address and decided to pay a visit and see for myself.

At this restaurant meals usually take around 20 minutes to prepare for each customer, so they get their meals fresh, hot, and steaming. So I placed my order and waited while I munched some light first course served.

Some customers sitting next to my table were having the same soup and I could see they were enjoying every bit of it. I could overhear positive reviews and comments. This made me glad that I had made the right order.

The waiter finally brought my food out of the kitchen. It looked so good that I was forced to take a picture before digging in. The fisherman soup I ate consisted of barracuda fish, periwinkles, and large prawns. It was served with pounded yam.

You can choose to use cutlery if you are a gentleman, but we Nigerians eat our native soup with our hands. I washed my hands and began digging in.

I was loved every bit of it. Everything, the taste, and seasoning were just perfect and my flat tummy began to bulge.










Comments